24.4.12

Engaged! From His Angle.

With just a little over a week into the engagement, it has been joyous, uplifting, loving and natural. 
All flowing from the blessings above, from a God who gives abundantly. 

But let us rewind a little.

You have previously read the details from my beautiful bride to be,
but now is my turn to give you the scoop on that wonderful day.

My heart began to whisper to me around the end of last summer and as Faryn departed for a semester in Ecuador that whisper became a roaring lion of sorts. Thus began my creative flow of possible proposal ideas.



After many days of dreaming, thinking, crafting, starting over and the like, I felt confident in my idea and the thought of it coming to life. 

I took my time with the preparation. God really put on my heart two different times of the year in which the proposal could happen. It was made obvious that it would happen in the spring and doors were opened to allow that to happen. 

Location was key. It became clear to me that it was right under my nose and ultimately the perfect spot. 



A few calls and I had it booked. A short couple of weeks after I would be on one knee. It was a go!
I began piecing together my ideas, mostly in my head as I lay on my pillow each night and morning. Envisioning my idea coming to life within the space and the unique moment it would be, brought much excitement and anticipation. 


Below is a short video of the testing and setup of the scene within the lighthouse. 




Perfect is the word that comes to mind when thinking about how it all went. From the song that was playing when we walked into the lighthouse to the tears of joy in her eyes, it was flawless.
I have been dreaming of that day for years and as I was down on my knee I felt at home. I felt comfort, peace, and humbleness. 
Truth.




The beauty that came across her face was indescribable.
It truly was a moment in which I felt the spirit move and draw us closer.
To each other.
To Him.


J




4 comments:

  1. i dont see the video.. ?
    <3 to you both

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try another browser? I hope you see it.. its neat

      j

      Delete
    2. my silly computer just needed to be restarted. how beautiful!! so glad you got footage of that. precious. you are just precious to her!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete