17.4.12

Engaged!

I should add a billion more exclamation points to the title of this post. My heart is just about to burst and I don't want to contain it. I am immersed in an ever-sweetening love that Jason has promised will never leave. This past weekend Jason gave me a most generous gift! I have accepted his proposal of marriage and have received his deep love. 


The low-down: This is how it happened (in case you are on the edge of your seat).
J picked me up for date night at 5:30 pm sharp in snazzy attire. He opened the car door for me (a regular occurrence- I just want to brag about how much of a gentleman I have) and I made sure my skirt was tucked under me well so that it would not wrinkle. He drove us to Windpoint Lighthouse in Racine, which has been our favorite location for some time now. We have seen multiple sunrises there sharing a seat on one of the benches. J sat me down on this bench and we chatted until I felt chilly. Walking back to the car, he pulled me towards the lighthouse itself and blindfolded me! At this moment I knew that the rest of the night held something very special and monumental. 


I heard one of my favorite songs playing as he led me inside the lighthouse (I didn't even know you could go inside!) and carefully sat me down on a chair. Tears immediately began flooding over the moment he took the blindfold off. I opened my eyes to see a room lit up with christmas lights which were interwoven between thrifted picture frames (representing our 'polaroid' memories). But first my eyes found the opposite wall where J had hung four different sized canvases. After he hit play on the laptop, I saw the magic appear. A film telling 'our story' began filling each white canvas with different images; images & video clips of him, me, us, family, and friends. I was speechless (and shaking like crazy!). After the video peacefully ended, J stood me up. First, he attempted to dry my drenched cheeks which I must say was impossible since the joyful tears were abundant! Then he got down on one knee, spoke some perfect words (those of which I do not remember because I was so giddy), and asked me to marry him. I literally threw back my head and said YES!


The ring was (is!) perfect. I think that personally I could never have imagined my perfect ring. I had to see it to know it. J picked out the ring on his own. I trusted him and for good reason. He has an artistic eye and he knows me. That was enough for me. He chose the most beautiful piece of jewelry. The ring has three stones which stand for J, God, and myself. The band is etched with a lovely vintage design which I totally dig. But as he gave me a ring, he also gave me an even more tender piece of his heart. He gave me ache, trust, and hope. 


Even though the proposal was more than I dreamed and the excitement left my phone battery dead, I never lost sight that I had made a promise on Saturday. A promise is for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever... J asked me to be true and I said yes with my whole entire soul. I would die for him. With God's grace and love inside my spirit, I will honor and support Jason, always. 

It is difficult to express how much God's love has hit me. 
 It is true, so true, and alive. 

Lord, in humbleness I thank you. 
In you, my soul delights! 


♥f

2 comments:

  1. i adore everything about this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I think I knew both of you when you were just starting to get to know each other in Tyler's house at Monday night dinners. This is amazing. Jason, I am so inspired. Best of luck to both of you even though you probably won't need it now that you have each other.

    ReplyDelete