30.4.12

Hey, Kendi


I have recently upon my return from Ecuador fallen into a even greater appreciation for fashion.
Not that high-end, top-of-the-line, fashionista type thing but the down-to-earth, here's-what-I-dug-up-in-my-closet type thing. What I wear has been an expression of myself ever since my freshman year of high school (I recall wearing brown bowling shoes and a "hip" sweater vest). My closet has collected clothing like a vacuum and I still piece together outfits that include a shirt from tenth grade. People seem to compliment me often about my clothing when, in actuality, I look at everyone else and think they are the ones who look fashionable. I tend to see the best in people, even in their clothes. I don't turn heads but I like shoes. I like clothes. I like the art in the way a dress can flatter a woman's hips while at the same time express her inner humor or compassion. A shirt doesn't just have to be a shirt all the time. It can be paint.

So, I'm a fan. Oh, Kendi Everyday, you inspire me.
I follow her blog daily (okay maybe twice daily...among others). She colors up life in her own little way and is proud of it! I don't have the budget to shop Anthropologie or J.Crew but there is treasure at the thrift stores, right? One day this blog may actually have a "lookbook." That is a possibility. But what I have a hard time dreaming about is opening up my own boutique one day. 
Kendi has done it all. 



On no, I should have majored in Business?

 Hoping in God above all,

♥f

2 comments:

  1. I totally stalk Keni everyday too! I love her style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a pinterest yet lady?
    I just recently started pinning photos from this blog- a glance at the page motivates me to put at least some effort into what I wear like I used to, haha- even if it's going to get covered in coffee at work!
    Oh, and you're adorable Faryn, move to Madison so we can swap clothing all the time, please and thanks.

    ReplyDelete